22 July 2018

The Higherside Chats (Podcast)

Now, this one is not music.  Of course, music is the central vortex of my life, but there are so many other realms of thought to consider.  A bit of personal info: I weighed 92km a year or two after this site began, swooped down to 75kg, and I'm now inhabiting around 78kg because I've got nasty habits and take tea at three.  Anyway, they keystone here is that I try to walk between 8 and 15 (or more) kilometers a day, and I accompany myself with podcasts for a lot of that time.  I have been mainlining this one.

Greg Carlwood is a midwestern feller transplanted to San Diego (which I believe was discovered by the Germans in 1904) who talks to the trippiest sorts of people, apparently from the foot of his bed with a joint in hand.  I'm a little jealous since I now live in Japan and haven't had a joint in my hand since the theatrical premier of Iron Man 2, but that's neither here nor there.

Greg touches on every topic that should pick the ire of a psychonaut - the conspiratorial, the transcendental, and the multi-dimensional just to name a few.  If you've got your face square in the physical d/illusion, some of it is going to piss you off.  Do note that Greg will typically address the wilder claims with a Dude-like "Fair enough."  But if you want to hear some folks go on about Hollow Earth Nazi UFOs, or century-spanning magical spells (among a myriad of other topics), this is the place to be.

Now, I have zero connection with Greg Carlwood.  I did send some of my own music along with the hopes it might show up in an episode, but judging by the opening and closing tunes, we've got different tastes (this only accounts for 1% of the show).  SInce we've got 99% left, though, that doesn't matter.  What does matter is that only half of the show is free, and the other half requires a subscription.  This goes from $5 a month to $8 a month on August 1st.  I'm putting in for another six months before the price hike takes place, and you may want to train your ear on this as well.  A price hike is always a mountain of dinosaur poo, but if there is any place to support one, this is it.

Here's a link to that extended show.  You can still find the one-hour version on itunes ore other podcast hosts.

https://www.thehighersidechatsplus.com/

No comments: